Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
MBSR is for people who will commit to mindfulness practice six days a week for eight weeks PLUS one full day. A variety of practices will be taught including meditation, body scanning, yoga, mindful eating, and more. The relationship between mindfulness and stress and mindfulness and health, including positive changes in brain function, will be described in an understandable fashion. Talking and listening exercises, as well as group discussions are included in this course. The full day of practice is an important part of the program.
The benefits of this course are that it provides the participant with instruction, information, structure, and support for developing and maintaining mindfulness practices. The resulting skill of mindfulness of our bodies, thinking, and emotions brings insight into how we relate to stress and to life. We see choices that never occurred to us before. Rather than living with constant fear of not getting what we want, we begin to remember what it is like to feel good about being alive.
Eight weeks of two and a half hour classes plus one full Saturday
for generosity pricing options send an email through the Contact page
See Registration page for dates and locations
Here’s what participants had to say about MBSR:
- This was one of the best courses I have ever attended. Norma did an outstanding job and the day-long retreat really “brought it home.” It could not have happened at a better time for me personally. I have told quite a few people about the experience. THANK YOU. Well done.
- I found this class to be exceptional and would recommend this be a mandatory session for any leaders, managers and above. I find [a leader’s] lack of ability to handle their own stress filters down [to their teams].
- Thank you all so much for offering this. I hope to continue to incorporate mindfulness into all areas of my work and personal life.
- The classes were exceptional. I had been acquainted w/mindfulness as having read the books only. The classes brought full circle a picture of how with yoga, exercise and meditation you can have a healthier and kinder way to live. Thus, allowing you to focus your life on your wellbeing at home and at work. I would highly recommend the classes. Thanks.
- I very much enjoyed this class and honestly wish the class lasted a bit longer so I could continue to develop more mindfulness skills.
- I can’t stress (no pun intended) how beneficial this Mindful (MBSR) 8 week class was. I feel I acquired a different skill set that allows me to better handle stress and to stay focused. The retreat itself was worth the time on it’s own. It was a very special experience that we all had, both individually and collectively.
- Got a lot out of this class. Thanks for offering!